Saturday, July 30, 2011

For an old friend

Wrote this for an old friend, who had to move away in a bid to fulfill his life's dreams..

From the first slang, to the first egg,
From running in the corridors to that broken leg.
I've seen you grow.

From stashing every possible thing in the cupboard,
To not returning calls that get missed,
I've sometimes known you better than what you know.

From the dark times,
To a friendship as pleasant as the winter sunshine.
I've known you from "Larger than life" to the "Summer of 69".

From having to manage with a little emotional insensitivity,
To the unexpected pleasant surprises,
You've taken me through my falls and rises.

There are very few people in life,
Who help define the person you are.
Who stand by you in your toughest hour.

No distance, no span of time
Can take you away from me.
Not because the world is small
And not because planes can shorten time

But because you have changed me for who I am
For I see a slight reflection of you in my own self
And so no matter what you do or where you be
My friend, you'll always be a part of me.

It is tough to let you go,
But I'd like to let you know
That we shall meet again

But if the roads of our lives don't intersect again,
If there is no more sunshine in this cold rain,
I'd just say that may God fulfill the dreams you have dreamt,
And I'll meet you in mine when I go to sleep.

No comments: